Saturday, July 3, 2010

LA Times old News clipping

I just thought I'd share this with people as I was cruising the LA Times archive I found this.

Seems Everyone's Been Playing Bike Polo
July 12, 1991

I believe the kids of Malama Way, Honolulu, invented bicycle polo. Inspired by nighttime professional games at the old Honolulu Stadium in the 1950s, we adapted fat-tired Schwinns and Columbias to the purpose. We wore no spandex shorts. We played barefoot in the street without helmets. I have the scars to prove it.

NICHOLAS HORMANN

here is your direct link for those who don't believe:
http://articles.latimes.com/1991-07-12/news/vw-1890_1_polo-spandex-scars


I also found a new mallet shaft from a different site. It is same amount of dough as an MKE and while it doesn't have a mainstream name like MKE backing it I can assure you that it comes from the respected bike polo community of the good ol' U S of A.



And for those who want to check it out visit...
http://www.bluecollardistro.com/fixcraft/product_info.php?products_id=4312&cPath=992_1029&store=

No comments:

Post a Comment